Cotton, the principal raw material for the textile industry has become one of the major commodities out of the Indian Subcontinent over the past few years. From being a net importer of cotton to producing a surplus output of 13 million bales, India has come a long way in the cotton space globally; and SR has fully capitalized on its strong Indian presence to the advantage of its clients. The company has a strong sourcing network and has consistently been touching a turnover of around half a million bales every year, for the last 5 years.
Some of the Indian Cotton Qualities supplied by SR are:
|1||SHANKAR – 6||1.1/8 -1. 5/32”||3.8-4.9||29 GPT|
|2||J – 34||1-3/32- 1.1/8”||3.5-4.9||28 GPT|
|3||MCU – 5||1.1/5 -1.1/4”||3.5-4.3||32 GPT|
|4||BUNNY||1.5/32 -1.3/16”||3.5-4.5||31 GPT|
Note: Above are just indicative specs, and may vary from lot to lot.
The company also deals in cotton seed trading. Cotton seed is a byproduct of ginned cotton. It has numerous applications in manufacturing edible oil and animal feed, etc.
With strong ties with other ginners and its own ginning capacities, the company can offer top quality cotton seeds rich in oil content.
- SR operates only through TMC approved units
- Employs the Uster HVI Spectrum cotton-testing machine along with MAG SITRA trash cleaner and simulated conditioning facilities
- Utmost care is taken at the ginning stage to eradicate any kind of contamination
- Part of USDA & BCRT universal calibration programme
- Annual sales of over 1 million cotton bales